Tuesday 14 October 2008

A Sign of Nothing

Ok, I have admitted before that British Signs sometimes confuse me, but Saturday as I was driving down to Gatwick Airport to pick up my beautiful wife, I came across another. Driving around the M25 on a clear early morning, I suddenly came into some thick fog. Traffic slowed to about 15 mph and as we crept along, I saw an illuminated sign ahead with flashing lights above and below.... ahhh, life saving information to avoid catastrophe. I peered into the fog to make out the sign.... three letters, one word....

FOG

Who was it for? Anyone who could see the sign, certainly if they could get close enough to read it, must surely have known there was fog about. On the other hand, I'm not sure what I would think if I came across the sign as the person who took this picture did. Bright, warm and sunny afternoon and the fog warning clearly lit.

No comments: